The Lady

The Lady
My Mother once asked me what I thought the definition of a Lady was.

I thought for a few minutes, and then replied, "YOU".

She laughed, clearly delighted, yet with obvious puzzlement.

I explained that day to Her what I meant, and today, I am going to share it with all of you.

A Lady is someone who does what she must:

To Care for...
To Comfort...
To Achieve...
To Put at Ease...
To Impress...
To Express...
To all who cross her Path.

A Lady is someone of Grace and Beauty that shines upon all who see and know her.
A Lady is Loyal, Steadfast, and True.

She has honor, spirit, Humor and Joy.
A lady cares more about the comfort of others, and settles for mere tolerance for herself.

She stands by while others shine,
She is the gentle breeze that allows others to Soar.

She is the iron will inside her children, that gives us the fortitude to stand and deliver, or lay down and surrender with dignity and grace.

Franchesca was a consummate Lady.
The Finest representation I have ever had the fortune to know.

God saw fit to make her My Mother.
How greatful I am, how blessed.
I spent thirty years as her Student

Thank You Momma. For all my lessons.

I Thank All of you for coming to this Celebration of Her life.
I hope each of you leave here today richer in your spirit, lighter in your heart, and honored for having known My Mother. The Lady.


Queenie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Gone....