Wagon Woes!

Wagons are sometimes not worth the trouble. Take mine for instance. I picked up my plush ride about two years ago, finally upgrading! Good wheels, good horses, but not the most stylish ride for Queenie. Next came a jeep. I loved it with a sick passion that comes from finally getting into a ride that expresses my personality, and okay, it was cuter than a speckled pup under a red wagon. I had it for two years. It had a lift on it( which I enjoyed even if It could make winter driving a bit tricky!) and it was two toned in color, which added a certain flavor to the overall look and feel. Soon, it was obvious to me, mostly b/c of my Husbands constant reminders and harping, that I needed to upgrade once again to something a bit bigger, sturdier and with more room for our beloved crazy friends. They like to go places with us, and I wanted to take them, but the Jeep was a little cramped for more than 2 people. Not to mention, leg room was severely lacking. A bit like riding a tricycle with your knees up around your ears and your head up you know where! LOL.

So I went Wagon Shopping. Not here, cause I wanted to acually aquire one that wasn't going to cost me a deposit from my uterus( meaning children!) So I traveled up North and started looking. Lucky for me, One of my very good friends happend to be working at a dealer at the time. I knew what I was looking for, I just had to find it, and find it in my price range.

After many trips thru many HOT lots I came across a wide selection of the very ones I wanted. I began to look. The first one I got into was nice! Flexsteel Gray leather captain chairs( much nicer than the buckboard I had!) and all the latest features( okay, recently new features) I could want! Paydirt. I told the hubby that this was the one I wanted.

HE made me sit in all 25 of the other's on the lot. I did. I bought the red one I sat in first. He checked out the mechanical aspect of it, and I pictured myself cruising around with all my friends loaded up, stretched out as far as the eye could see, getting into more trouble than a pack of wild animals starving for a tasty morsel of food!

Two years later, many miles and lots of adventures later, I want a new Wagon. I still like the one I got, cause I am not rich and have no luxury of a Sugar Daddy to buy me a new one. But I have had to fix all kinds of crap on this one. Recently, I have put new tires, new brakes, a new feul pump, a new heater core, new plugs, a new tension belt, a new tensioner, new fuel filters, a new fuel pump( not the origianl one I had put on, a new one again!!) and a partridge and a pear tree. Now, for those of you who are mechanically inclined, bite me! I know its not that much. But it does have 155k miles on it, and I do want something new, and zippier, and under warranty. Call me crazy, but I have never had a brand new Wagon, and I want one.

Problem.

I have to finish paying for the Wagon I have. *sigh* But I know what I want. I would tell you, but you would all laugh hysterically. All I have to do to get what I want is win the lotto. So dont look for Queenie to be cruising around in a new ride anytime soon. Besides. I just spent the entire food budget for a small country getting this one fixed and filled up with go-go juice. Crap!

I would like to point out that at 30 years old( in about 12 days) I have only ever had 4 wagons. I have friends who have had 29 Wagons in just over 29 years of life. Figure that out when legal age to drive is 16 years old. WTF! I know 55 year olds who have only had 15 comparativley.

So, I will have to bide my time, and wait for the lotto. Stay tuned to see if it actually happens. LOL.

Till then, I will try to come up with real life stories to entertain any of you desperate enough to read this crap. ~grin~

Remember, if you can't be good, be good at it.

Queenie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Gone....